COLOR ME A MEMORY (A dementia care activity)
We welcome the talents and compassion of those around us. Some of the ongoing needs include:
- Activities program support (work side by side with residents on a variety of activities)
- Visitation (spend time getting to know our residents personally)
- Pianists and other musicians (for chapel services, to entertain residents during meals, and for special programs)
- Maintenance (occasional need for painters, yard work, cleaning, woodworking; tell us your skill, we probably have a place we can use it!)
- Mailing (folding, stuffing envelopes, labeling, etc)
- Special events (help us organize and host special events like our annual Christmas Open House and our recent 125 Anniversary Celebration)
- Meal servers for events like our Good Samaritan Fundraising Banquet and the Century 2 Club donor recognition luncheon
- Don't see something on the list for you? Tell us your skills and interests: we probably have a place we can help you engage!!
To explore becoming a volunteer, call us at (815) 734-4103 or fill out the web form. You will be contacted by the staff member from the appropriate department.